Bungie has just released its weekly blog post This Week At Bungie, or as we call it, TWAB, which has tons of weapon changes and tuning coming to Destiny 2 with the upcoming Bungie’s 30th Anniversary event.
The 30th Anniversary event launches on December 7, 2021, on all platforms, which brings in a brand-new dungeon, six-player matchmade activity, and cosmetics.
Below, you can find all the weapons changes Bungie has laid out this week.
Destiny 2 Bungie 30th Anniversary Weapons Changes
- Slug Shotgun PvE damage bonus reduced: from 30% to 20%.
- Pellet Shotguns received a 10% PvE damage bonus.
Linear Fusion Rifles
- PvE damage increased: by 10%.
- Heavy attack ammo cost reduced: from 8 to 5.
- Damage vs rank-and-file enemies increased: by ~10%.
Sidearms and Fusion Rifles
- Sidearm and Fusion Rifle projectile speed increased: from 999 to 9999
- Aim Assist stat reduced: by 25.
- Linear Fusion Rifle mode Aim Assist Cone scalar reduced: from 1.1 to 1.05.
- Requires 3 eliminations for full Overcharge instead of 2.
- Multi-hit requirement removed
- Buff to the reload stat increased: from +50 to +70.
- buff duration increased: to 7s.
- Now has intrinsic anti-barrier.
- Magazine size increased: from 3 to 4
- PvE damage increased: by 6%.
- Dual Mode Receiver mode now grants the following in addition to its current effects: +30 range, +3 zoom.
- Variable Trigger removed.
- Charged Shot moved to special reload. Final blows now enable access to the special reload.
- Once the Charged Shot is fired, the weapon reverts back to standard Sidearm mode.
- Charged Shot now causes an AOE which freezes AI and slows players.
- Catalyst now grants the Archer’s Tempo perk in addition to its other effects.
Whisper of the Worm
- Delay on activating Whispered Breathing reduced from the catalyst: from 2.1s to 1.2s.
- White Nail magazine refill changed: from 3 to 2 from inventory and 1 from thin air.
- Damage in PvE increased: by 10%.
- Reduced flinch, recoil, and accuracy degradation by 50% while Personal Assistant is active.
- Personal Assistant now has a 1s delay before deactivating when off target (was instant).
- Increase damage in PvE by 20%.
- Explosion damage increased: by 50%.
Dead Man’s Tale
- Increased reticle friction falloff distance (no effect on mouse and keyboard).
- Less recoil (reduced effect on mouse and keyboard).
- Improved accuracy (reduced effect on mouse and keyboard).
Heir Apparent Catalyst
- Damage resistance against players reduced: from 75% to 25%.
- Removed ability energy regeneration on picking up a telemetry.
- Now grants 10% ability energy per stack on activation (was previously more generous on low stacks, less generous on high stacks, the average and amount for 10 stacks are unchanged).
- Reduced stacks granted on a Guardian defeat from 3 to 2.
- Eliminations with the weapon can add single damage stacks or extend existing ones.
- Grenade eliminations boost the stacks immediately to x5.
- Lowered the duration to compensate for weapon activation.
- Was 15% damage on all weapons.
- Now 10% on heavy weapons, 15% on special, 20% on primary.
- No change to damage vs players in Super.
- Increased number of stacks needed to hit maximum damage from 5 to 10.
- Changed threshold for activation from 90% health to 30% shield (i.e., this now requires much less damage to trigger).
Quick Access Sling
- Functionality changed:
- Was: +100 handling, 0.9 * ready/stow/aim down sights time for 0.4s after running out of ammo.
- Now: 0.9 * ready/stow time all the time.
- This change also applies to the Swap Mag perk, as they use the same perk behind the scenes.
Full Auto Retrofit
- Added a Full Auto Retrofit weapon mod that enables full auto while the trigger is held, usable on Legendary Hand Cannons, Sidearms, Scout Rifles and Pulse Rifles.
- This is unlocked by default for all players.
These are all of the changes Bungie has released this week, that will be hitting the live game in December 2021.