The season of Dawn is about to end in Destiny 2. And after that, we’ll be getting a brand-new season i.e. season 10 that has been leaked prior to the official reveal. At this point, we already know that Trials of Osiris is coming back in Destiny 2 and the Empyrean Restoration effort is going strong as well. Speaking of season 10, we have a bunch of weapon changes coming with the next sandbox update in Destiny 2.
Destiny 2: Weapon Changes in Season 10
The preview for these patch notes was released in the TWAB blog-post this week. This list only contains the general weapon class changes such as Shotguns, Assault Rifles, etc. (including Lord of Wolves and Izanagi’s Burden) that you can find below:
- Damage to Major enemies and above have been reduced to pre-Shadowkeep values (~-20%).
- Adaptive Snipers precision multiplier has been reduced from 3.25x to 2.95x.
- Rapid-Fire Snipers base impact has been reduced from 100 damage to 90 damage.
- Aggressive Frame grenade launchers are now Rapid-Fire Frame Grenade Launchers.
- Rapid-Fire Frame Grenade Launchers have had their damage reduced to account for their Rate of Fire (0.8x), but now also have increased reserves.
- Previously, Aggressive Frame Grenade Launchers fired faster than Adaptive but had the same damage.
- Damage to Major enemies and above by Power weapon Grenade Launchers reduced by ~10%.
RELATED: Destiny 2: The Last Word Nerf Coming In Season 10
- Target acquisition for non-slug Shotguns has been adjusted to no longer account for precision locations.
- Previously, target acquisition could actually cause the player’s spread to deviate from the intended aim vector, causing most of the spread to miss.
- Cone angle is now adjusted on a per sub-archetype basis and is no longer adjusted by the range stat.
- Aiming down sights no longer adjusts an effective range for this weapon archetype.
- Target acquisition for Fusion Rifles has been adjusted to no longer account for precision locations.
- Previously, target acquisition could actually cause the player’s volley to deviate from the intended aim vector, causing most of the volley to miss.
- Damage falloff for this weapon archetype can now floor at 0.5x (Previously 0.75x).
- Effective range and the impact of the optics stat for this weapon archetype has been reduced across the board.
- Backup Plan
- Backup Plan now adjusts impact to match the Rapid-Fire sub-archetype while active.
- Charge time is now set to match the Rapid-Fire’s sub-archetype * 0.85 while active.
The following impact values have changed:
- Precision Frame
- 17/27.2 Default/Precision (Previously 17/25.5)
- Adaptive Frame
- 15.75/25.2 Default/Precision (Previously 13.75/22)
- Rapid-Fire Frame
- 13.4/20.1 Default/Precision (Previously 12.5/18.75)
Lord of Wolves:
- Release the Wolves now significantly reduces this weapon’s accuracy while active.
- The animation speed of Honed Edge is no longer affected by the reload stat
- Outlaw has been replaced with No Distractions