With the launch of the Season of the Seraph in Destiny 2, Bungie has added a new craftable exotic pulse rifle called Revision Zero that will be available via an exotic quest on December 20, 2022, at the weekly reset.
We did see a glimpse of what this exotic can do in the seasonal trailer. Based on the gameplay in the trailer, it seems like there are two firing modes on this exotic weapon; one that fires as a normal four-round Pulse Rifle, and the other as a two-round long-range Sniper(?).
In this guide, we’ll have everything you need to know about the new Revision Zero exotic in Destiny 2, how to get it, its exotic perk, catalysts, ornaments, etc.
When Is Revision Zero Exotic Releasing in Destiny 2?
The Revision Zero exotic pulse rifle will be released this week on December 20, 2022, after the weekly reset in Destiny 2. Players will be able to unlock this exotic via a new quest called Operation: Seraph’s Shield, which takes place on “a Braytech orbital platform”.
Revision Zero Exotic Perk, Origin Traits, and Catalysts
On the latest Firing Range podcast, Bungie said that this weapon is one of the most customizable exotics they have ever made in Destiny 2, featuring two origin traits, four catalysts, and three ornaments. Below, you can see the exotic perk, a basic trait for Revision Zero in Destiny 2.
Revision Zero Exotic Perk
Hunter’s Trace: This weapon fires special shield-piercing ammunition. Precision hits grant targeting data. [Alternate Weapon Action] to swap to the alternate scope, loading high-damage rounds based on the amount of targeting data. Strong against [Shield-Piercing] Barrier Champions.
Revision Zero Origin Traits
As mentioned, Revision Zero also features two Hakke foundry origin traits, making it the first exotic weapon in Destiny 2 to have origin traits. You can find both of these traits and what they do below.
- Häkke Light Burst Fire: Fires a stable burst of four lightweight rounds.
- Häkke Heavy Burst Fire: Fires a less stable burst of two high-damage, high-range rounds.
Revision Zero Exotic Catalysts
There are a total of four exotic catalysts for Revision Zero, according to sites like Light.gg. You can find them all below.
- Pressurized Refit: Improved stability and accuracy as the magazine gets lower.
- 4-Timer Refit: Rapidly landing precision hits will return two rounds to the magazine.
- Frenzy Refit: Each rapid kill with this weapon progressively increases reload speed for a short time.
- Outlaw Refit: Precision kills greatly decrease reload time.
Here’s our complete guide on how you can unlock all four exotic catalysts for Revision Zero.
How to Unlock Revision Zero in Destiny 2?
Now, we get to the main question that is, how you can unlock this new exotic in the game? Right now, the exotic quest hasn’t gone live in Destiny 2, so we only have data in the API to follow through with.
Players will be able to unlock Revision Zero by completing the 8-step exotic quest called “The Hidden Shape” which will unlock a pattern for the exotic weapon. All the steps are pretty straightforward and self-explanatory, which you can find below.
- Step 1: Complete Operation: Seraph’s Shield Exotic Mission(?)
- Step 2: Visit the Exo Frame and investigate an encrypted message.
- Step 3: Complete “The Arrival” mission.
- Step 4: Speak with Ikora Rey at the Mars Enclave, and complete “The Relic” quest to learn its secrets.
- Step 5: Speak with Ikora Rey at the Mars Enclave, and complete the “Shaping: Extraction” quest to harness the power of Deepsight.
- Step 6: Speak with Ikora Rey at the Mars Enclave, and complete the “Shaping: Resonant Alloys” quest to unlock the full power of the Relic.
- Step 7: Shape Revision Zero.
- Step 8: Commune with the Relic Conduit.
And that’s it! You have unlocked a shiny new exotic in Destiny 2’s Season of the Seraph. Now, you need to unlock its exotic catalysts and ornaments, and shoot those Security Drones with the weapon — and there are 50 of them.
The good news is, we have a complete guide on where you can find each and every one of these drones in Destiny 2.