With the story around Rasputin, Clovis Bray, and the giant Exo head, it looks like Bungie has added a mechanical dog in the game as well with Destiny 2’s Season of the Seraph. And yes, players will be able to pet this dog in the HELM.
There are two triumphs tied to the new mechanical dog in the game right now, under Triumphs>Season of the Seraph, Ritual, Secrets. You’ll see the first triumph Guardian’s Best Friend requires players to find the mechanical dog in the exotic mission Operation: Seraph’s Shield.
And the second triumph called Yes, You Can Pet the Dog requires you to pet the dog in the HELM. In this guide, you’ll find out how to find and pet the mechanical dog in Destiny 2.
How to Find the Mechanical Dog in Destiny 2
The mechanical dog is located behind the door that’s tracking all the security drones in the new exotic mission Operation: Seraph’s Shield, which unlocks the new exotic pulse rifle, Revision Zero. (here’s how to unlock the exotic weapon and its four exotic catalysts)
Guardian’s Best Friend triumph: Find the mechanical dog in the mission “Operation: Seraph’s Shield.”
- Step 1: Get to the drone tracking door in Seraph’s Shield mission.
- Step 2: Bypass the lasers using the Eager’s Edge dash, Titan’s Shoulder Charge, or Blink, and use teleport to the next area using the portal ahead.
- Step 3: After teleporting, you’ll land in the Maintenance Substructure area. From there, jump down on the ledge in front and you’ll see some footprints of a good boy. (dog)
- Step 4: Keep moving forward using the lit-up ledges and pipes until you reach giant tubes.
- Step 5: From there, you’ll need to take the right turn. Keep making your way ahead, following the red light ledges.
- Step 6: Eventually, you’ll find a door entrance on a giant wall. Enter and slide down the way.
- Step 7: You’ll find a doorway with two turrets. Destroy the turrets and exit the room where you’ll need to drop down. (you can land on the pipes)
- Step 8: Right at the bottom, you’ll see another lit-up door entrance. Enter and you’ll see the mechanical dog in front.
How to Pet the Mechanical Dog in Destiny 2
Players can pet the mechanical dog in the mission by interacting with the dog where it says “Activate Good Boy Protocol”. After interacting, the dog will teleport to the HELM where you can pet an unlimited number of times.
Yes, You Can Pet the Dog triumph: Pet the mechanical dog in the H.E.L.M. during the final weeks of Season of the Seraph.
After you pet the dog and go to orbit, you’ll unlock the Dog plush which you can order on the Bungie Store website.
If you’ve unlocked the new Revision Zero exotic pulse rifle, there are about fifty security drones that you need to destroy for six secret triumphs. We have a complete guide on the location of these drones below. You can also watch the video guide by Esoterickk below.