Exotic items in Destiny 2 are the hardest to find. Some of them drop randomly at the completion of an end-game activity (dungeon, raids), while others require you to finish a quest or complete a solo Lost Sector. Every season introduces at least one new exotic weapon. In the Season of Defiance, Bungie added the Verglas Curve, an exotic Stasis Bow in Destiny 2.
The Season of the Deep is currently underway for at least a week, introducing a total of three exotic weapons and three exotic armor pieces, one for each class. Two of these exotic weapons, Centrifuse and The Navigator have already been made available. However, there is still one more exotic remaining called Wicked Implement.
In this guide, we will discuss how you can obtain the new secret exotic scout rifle in Destiny 2, providing a detailed walkthrough for each quest stage.
Destiny 2: How to Unlock Wicked Implement Exotic Scout Rifle
Wicked Implement is an exotic Stasis scout rifle, which means it fits in the primary slot. Players can unlock this new exotic from the Deep Dives seasonal activity, but there’s a little bit more work that you need to do first.
Step 1: Exotic Fish and Broken Blades
To start off, you need to catch three exotic fish; Whispering Mothcarp, Vexing Placoderm, and Aeonian Alpha-Betta, from Savathun’s Throne World, Nessus, and EDZ, respectively. After catching all three fish, head to the H.E.L.M. and release each of them into the aquarium.
After you’ve caught the three required exotic fish, now is the time to get the Broken Blades. Head to the H.E.L.M. and release these exotic fish into the aquarium. Upon doing so, you will get three Broken Blades from these fish. Here’s a list of all three Broken Blades:
- Broken Blades of Strife: Drops from releasing Whispering Mothcarp fish
- Broken Blades of Ambition: Drops from releasing Vexing Placoderm fish
- Broken Blades of Cunning: Drops from releasing Aeonian Alpha-Betta fish
Now that you have all three Broken Blades, it’s to head to the Deep Dives seasonal activity where you’ll eventually unlock this new exotic scout rifle.
Step 2 – Hive Thrall Statues
Essentially, you need to deposit all three of these Broken Blades to the three different Hive statues located throughout the Deep Dives activity. We have an in-depth guide on where to find these Hive statues in the Deep Dives activity which you can check out here.
- The first Hive statue is located in the Twilight Depths (750 meters) before the first encounter.
- The second Hive statue is located during the first encounter in the open area to the left.
- The third Hive statue is located in the Midnight Depths (2,000 meters) before the second encounter.
After offering the third Broken Blade, you will unlock the Whetstone exotic mission.
NOTE: Only one person in the Fireteam needs to offer all three Broken Blades to progress the quest.
Step 3 – Sink Deeper
Once you’ve successfully dunked all three Broken Blades, proceed to the second encounter and complete it as usual. After completing the encounter, go to the right side of the arena where you’ll notice a door that is usually closed.
Enter the open door and you’ll come across additional Hive Statues in a small room. There will be a message that says, “Carve a Path of Violence.” Interact with these statues, and the orange resonant shield will disappear, allowing you to move forward. It’s important to note that everyone in your Fireteam needs to interact with the statues in order to initiate the exotic sequence in the activity.
Interact with the statue(s) and proceed to the underwater part. Leave this area and you’ll come across a zone filled with Taken enemies. Defeat them and move on to the next underwater passage. Follow the path and descend into the next area where you’ll encounter a boss called Khull, Executioner Knight.
Step 4 – Khull, Executioner Knight
Khull is one of the two bosses in this exotic mission. In order to damage the boss, you need to defeat the yellow bar Servile Minotaurs. Once you’ve defeated all three Minotaurs, you’ll receive a buff called “Deathly Sharp x3” that will remain active for 1 minute and 15 seconds. In summary, eliminate the Minotaurs to DPS the main boss.
NOTE: This is the main mechanic throughout the whole exotic encounter, both the first and the second boss encounter.
After taking out the small portion of the Khull’s health bar, it will go immune and a door to the right will open. As you proceed into the next room called The Drowning, you’ll encounter a few Taken enemies and two Resonant nodes that you should shoot.
IMPORTANT NOTE: From this point forward, the Respawn is restricted and you have 10 minutes to complete the whole exotic mission. If you wipe, you will return to orbit.
- The first Resonant node is located in the middle of the hallway.
- The second Resonant node is underneath the staircase.
Shoot both of these nodes and the Resonant shields will disappear allowing you will enter the first boss fight with Khull. In the first boss arena, you will find two Resonant shields; one on the left and the other one on the right side of the room.
In the same way as the previous room, you’ll find two Resonant nodes near the pillars on both sides. When you shoot these nodes, the shields will be unlocked. Once you defeat the Honed Minotaurs, you can then start damaging the boss.
For the first encounter, you can use pretty much any good exotic weapon to deal damage, like Leviathan’s Breath, Gjallarhorn, or Thunderlord. Make sure you have at least one Well of Radiance Warlock for support and a Nightstalker Hunter for debuff.
You can check out our custom map (made in collaboration with pryanie) for both the first and the final encounter in this mission.
Step 5 – Omen, Blade of the Black Terrace
Now that you have defeated Khull, quickly make your way forward and you’ll find a Rally Banner. Make sure to move quickly as you’re on the clock.
This is the final encounter of the exotic mission, where you’ll have to defeat a Tormentor named Omen, Blade of the Black Terrace. This boss has a lot of health. So you’ll have to deal a significant amount of damage quickly. If you fail and get defeated, you’ll have to start over from the beginning.
This whole encounter is a maze. So, it might be a bit difficult to navigate and find your way. The good news is that we have made a custom map for both encounters. So, you can simply follow the path laid out in the map that can find above.
This boss fight follows the same mechanics as the previous encounter. Start by defeating the three Honed Minotaurs, and you will receive a boost called Deathly Sharp x3. This boost allows you to deal more damage for the next 1 minute and 15 seconds.
Once the timer runs out, just repeat the same steps to enter the next phase where you can DPS again.
As we mentioned above, this boss is very tanky. For that, here’s what we recommend for this final encounter:
- Warlock with Well of Radiance: This will help you with survivability.
- Aeon Exotic Gauntlets: For Heavy ammo, have at least one person in your Fireteam run the Aeon’s exotic gauntlets with Sect of Insight mod.
- Divinity: During the DPS phase, one person must keep the Divinity exotic Trace Rifle on the boss, while the other two members DPS.
- Retrofit Escapade: Enhanced Target Lock and Fourth Time’s the Charm
- Thunderlord: If you don’t have the Retrofit Escapade roll, you can also use the Thunderlord exotic machine gun.
- Leviathan’s Breath: Leviathan’s Breath is also another viable option.
After defeating the final boss, follow the marker on your screen and make your way to the staircase that will lead you up to the veiled statue with a prompt, “Claim Power.” Interact with the statue and you will unlock the new shiny Wicked Implement exotic scout rifle.
Wicked Implement Exotic Scout Rifle Perks
Let’s go over what this weapon actually does with its exotic perks and stats. Below is the list of all the perks you can find on Wicked Implement.
- Intrinsic – Creeping Attrition: Rapidly landing precision hits causes targets to become slowed.
- Trait – Tithing Harvest: Precision final blows while Creeping Attrition is active create a Stasis shard that returns to you. Collecting Stasis shards refills the magazine.
- Barrel – Corkscrew Rifling: Balanced Barrel — Slightly increases Range and stability. Slightly increases handling speed.
- Magazine – Accurized Rounds: This weapon can fire longer distances — Increased range.
- Stock – Fitted Stock: This stock makes the weapon stable but heavy — Increases stability. Moderately controls recoil. Slightly decreases handling speed.
And voila! You now officially own a shiny new exotic weapon in Destiny 2. What are your thoughts on this weapon? Let us know in the comments below.
Destiny 2 Lightfall is now available on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.