In a new Wednesday TWAB, Bungie has announced that it is reworking and tuning a total of twenty-four exotic armor pieces in Destiny 2 with the release of Season of the Deep (Season 21). Some of these reworks were leaked a while back, along with some new weapons, and dungeon details.
In this article, we have compiled a list of all the exotic armor changes coming in Season 21, for each class; Titan, Warlock, and Hunter.
Destiny 2 Season 21 Hunter Exotic Armor Changes
First, let’s talk about Hunters. Season 21 will update a total of seven exotic armor pieces for Hunters in Destiny 2. You can find the complete list of exotic reworks below.
- Sealed Ahamkara Grasps: This Exotic now reloads the magazine of all of your weapons when you defeat a target with your powered melee, and for 5 seconds after dealing melee damage you gain increased movement speed and jump height.
- Athrys’s Embrace: Gain additional strength while the Exotic’s Weighted Knife damage bonus is active.
- Oathkeeper: When fully drawn, Bows gain a bonus to damage against combatants that increases as you hold the draw but deactivates after a few seconds.
- Raiju’s Harness: This Exotic now creates a blinding explosion that temporarily increases your Arc weapon damage when deactivating your Arc Staff Super. Also, blocking with Whirlwind Guard will no longer consume energy more slowly.
- Radiant Dance Machines: Kills while your free dodge is active extend the duration of free dodging. It no longer deactivates when you get too far away from enemies. Deactivates after using Suspending Slam.
- St0mp-EE5: You only gain increased speed, slide distance, and improved jumping while your dodge energy is full. Removed airborne effectiveness penalties.
- Mask Of Bakris: The damage bonus increased in PvE from 10% to 25%, and now grants a 6% bonus to weapon damage in PvP. It no longer stacks with Surge leg armor mods, but provides a larger bonus than can be achieved with 3 such mods equipped.
Destiny 2 Season 21 Warlock Exotic Armor Changes
For Warlocks, Bungie is updating nine exotic armor pieces in Season of the Deep, including a fan-favorite Starfire Protocol. You can find the complete list of Warlock’s exotic armor updates below.
- Starfire Protocol: Energy gained per instance of damage reduced from 20% to 2.5%. Empowered weapon kills now grant 20% grenade energy.
- Promethium Spur: This Exotic now provides Rift energy for Solar weapon kills, with additional energy awarded for Solar weapon kills when standing in a rift. Standing in a rift is now a requirement for the Exotic to consume your class ability energy and create a rift at the location of the target upon getting the final blow.
- Ophidian Aspect: Removed the extended melee range.
- Mantle Of Battle Harmony: When your Super is completely charged, the weapon bonus damage changes to tier-4, increasing the damage bonus in PvE from 20% to 25% and reducing the damage bonus from 15% to 6% in PvP. The damage bonus only applies to weapons that match your subclass damage type. Base duration increase: 6 seconds to 10 seconds (PvE) and 3 seconds to 5 seconds. (PvP)
- Claws Of Ahamkara: Powered melee kills create an Orb of Power. If you have equipped Heavy Handed mods, the potency of the orb produced is increased. (limited to 1 orb per enemy defeated)
- Sanguine Alchemy: Standing in a rift grants a non-stacking bonus to weapon damage matching your subclass damage type. This damage bonus is the equivalent of 2 Surge leg mods. (17% PvE and 4.5% PvP)
- Dawn Chorus: Daybreak projectile’s damage bonus has been increased and no longer is reliant on the enemy being scorched.
- Chromatic Fire: The precision Kinetic kills now create a larger explosion radius and deals more damage. The explosion also applies a status effect to targets depending on which subclass you have equipped: blind (Arc), scorch (Solar), slow (Stasis), sever (Strand), weaken (Void).
- Vesper Of Radius: Your rifts emit an Arc shockwave every 5 seconds that deals damage (200 in PvE and 70 in PvP). Enemies defeated by these shockwaves explode, dealing an extra 100 damage, and if you have an Arc subclass equipped, they also blind nearby foes.
Destiny 2 Season 21 Titan Exotic Armor Changes
Finally, we have a list of the punch machines a.k.a Titan’s exotic armor tuning coming in Destiny 2 Season 21. The complete list of eight exotic armor reworks can be found below.
- Dunemarchers: Reduced the range of the chain damage from 20m to 12m and PvP damage from 85 to 50.
- Path Of The Burning Steps: Changed to use the non-stacking weapon damage bonuses. This can go all the way up to the tier-4 damage bonus, granting a damage bonus of 25% in PvE and 6% in PvP. While at the tier-4 damage bonus, Solar kills refresh the bonus’s duration. Becoming encased immediately grants you the tier-4 damage bonus.
- Khepri’s Horn: The Solar damage wave now scorches targets.
- Eternal Warrior: Rapid takedowns with an Arc weapon grant an escalating non-stacking bonus to Arc weapon damage. 25% in PvE and 6% in PvP at tier-4. While at the tier-4 damage bonus, Arc kills refresh the bonus’s duration. After your Fist of Havoc Super ends, you gain the tier-4 damage bonus.
- Stronghold: Replaced the healing from blocking shots precisely with significant damage reduction (50% in PvE, 10% in PvP) while blocking with a Sword. When you stop blocking, gain restoration x2, with a duration that increases based on the number of shots you blocked.
- Second Chance: Shield throw melee now weakens enemies. Stunning a Barrier Champion with your shield throw melee grants a single full melee charge.
- No Backup Plans: Now provides a moderate benefit to the airborne effectiveness and reload speed of Shotguns. Shotguns deal more damage (when Void overshield is active) and final blows refresh your overshield.
- Point-contact Cannon Brace: Lightning strikes now Jolt targets. Increased PvE damage per lightning bolt from 50 to 200. Increased Lightning Strikes damage by 50% when Amplified.
For a more detailed description, make sure to check out the original blog on Bungie’s website, linked above. These are all the 24 exotic armor changes coming in Destiny 2 Season of the Deep, which launches later this month on May 23, 2023.
Destiny 2 Lightfall is now available on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.